I watched a young man name Cruz question Dianne Feinstein the other day. He asked her if her approach to modifying the Second Amendment could be applied to the First or the Fourth. If speech or the rights of privacy could be granted to some but not to others.
The Senior senator who wants to take my guns to control "criminals" looked down at the new senator, and reminded him that she has been there for 20 years. Background noise had another senator on a hot mike saying that he was sick of Cruz.
Perhaps we need to remind Senator Leahy, who it is likely the mouth on the hot microphone, that, while “new” to the Senate, Senator Cruz was :
- Solicitor General of Texas 2003-2008;
- While a law partner, he was a U.S. Supreme and Nat’l. Appellate Court litigator;
- Director of the office of Policy Planning at the Federal Trade Commission;
- Assoc. Deputy Attorney General at the U.S. D.O.J.;
- Adjunct Prof. of Law at University of TX School of Law Austin 2004-2009 where he taught US Supreme Court litigation;
- Law clerk to Wm. Rehnquist, Chief Justice of the United States.
Maybe Leahy and others should pay attention. To Cruz. To code pink supporting the senator name Rand Paul as he, too, defended that old piece of paper. Our president says he is a constitutional professor. Whose course would you rather take about the nation and freedom and how it started here? Cruz' or Barry'?
No need to answer. Thanks to the lady who provided this in a link on the Blaze.